Friday, January 6, 2017

eyes of fire

Though my heart and mind are open to all the paths that teach the embodying of love and understanding, my root guru is Jesus. I love that Dude. Walker through the world telling stories, getting tired and weary and angry at times, compassionate with the downtrodden, popping the balloons of the know-it-alls, patient and gentle with children and with the childlike, and all with a great sense of humor and irony, my Teacher. 
One of the things I love about Jesus is that no matter how much I screw up, he just looks at me with no judgment and a slight smile and says okay, get up, let's move on. And we do.
How does a person have a relationship with that which is invisible to eyes of flesh? Hey! It's like Einstein said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." And as Henry Corbin said, Use your "eyes of fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment