Monday, March 18, 2013

real eye zing

One of the hardest things for us humans to do is to recognize, to realize that "I am That" (tat tvam asi). We like to think of ourselves as isolated protoplasmic blobs in an implacable alien universe and engage our full repertoire of responses to such (from raising our spiritual middle finger to falling to our knees in pleading supplication). We cling to our individuality, our persona (mask), as a drowning person clings to a toothpick in the ocean. We seek relief (salvation) in the gods we make for ourselves; the supreme god of all being our sense of isolated self, the sufferer whom no one understands and whose will is rarely if ever followed. We make a god out of Jesus, out of Buddha, out of the Tao, out of anything outside of ourselves. One of the hardest things for us humans to do is to recognize, to realize that "I am That," that the hand of the Source is within the glove of "me." When the real-eye-zing occurs, both hand and glove merge as one.

"The kingdom of heaven is within you."

4 comments:

  1. "The kingdom of heaven is within you." This, I believe, is the core of what Jesus came teach human Be-ings. And that each and every one of us IS love incarnate. Thus it logically would follow to make it a goal each and every day to practice the Golden Rule in our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The hand of the source is within the glove of me." So beautifully put. Such a hard lesson for me to learn. A lifelong lesson--nearly... --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Jesus said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega". I know that I am part of the whole.

    ReplyDelete