Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Call

In reading and studying and opening to the insights of Meister Eckhart, particularly as presented by C.F. Kelley in his "Meister Eckhart on Divine Knowledge," I find a call to a deepened reading of the Bible; deepened because I take it as the Voice of the Transcendent, of God, and of the Godhead. I exercised this deeper intuitive opening earlier in my arising every morning and listening to a deep understanding of each of Jesus' sayings in the Gospel of Thomas. (Those understandings were eventually published in a book.)

I feel like a newborn babe who remembers past lives. I am beginning to read the Bible again as if for the first time. The clamorous voices of secular opinion of the Bible sound off in the distance but they are not my choice as a place to rest my soul and to allow its further growth. Been there, done that. Little, if any, nourishment.

I will use this blog as a reporting arena for my Eckhart-based reading of the Bible. To do so, I must regard the Bible as Divine Word. I start with that supposition and will allow it to convince me further. How? By the degree to which it strengthens and deepens my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment